Design Build / Sole Responsibility
In the Design Build / Sole Responsibility delivery process, DJ takes the lead role in assembling the team and overseeing the process of design and construction. Some of the key elements include:
- The owner holds a single contract with DJ and has one point of responsibility
- DJ’s involvement early in the planning and design process allows for cost accountability to be maintained
- Schedules can be accelerated because of the team approach.
- Change orders are minimized because of the contractors early involvement
- Design professional selected based on expertise with similar types of projects and willingness to represent the owner’s best interests.
The owner derives the benefit of having an experienced team working hard for his project while also offering differing opinions about aesthetics, functionality, constructability and cost, but in the end, with one main point of accountability of all aspects of the process.
To see our projects managed through the Design Build / Sole Responsibility approach, click here.